SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
SSRS stands for SQL Server Reporting Services. SSRS is used to create and manage Web-enabled reporting service. It is used to create and generate reports, to retrieve data from various data sources, and to publish reports in various formats.
SSIS stands for SQL Server Integration Services. SSIS has the abilty to gather data from various resources in different kinds of formats, process this data, transform data and convert the processed data into any shape that you can use in your daily business as well as for data-mining and data warehouse applications.
SSAS stands for SQL Server Analysis Services. It stores, processes and secures data. It delivers OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) and data mining functionalities for applications. It is used to design, create and manage multi-dimensional structures that contain data aggregated from other data sources.
Cognos is IBM's business intelligence (BI) and performance management software suite. The software is designed to enable business users without technical knowledge to extract corporate data, analyze it and assemble reports.
While Cognos provide a whole suite of business intelligence reporting software and tools, their name has become synonymous with OLAP, (Online Analytical Processing). Cognos BI can be used in the organizations for various tasks:
- Verifying importance of parameters
- Segmenting and profiling of customers
- Monitoring customers' loyalty and withdrawals
- Checking customers' maintenance
- Finding similarities
- Studying frauds
- Studying marketing campaigns
- and carrying out cross sales
Tableau is a high speed in processing and data visualization, providing more results with less effort. It is the leading provider of fast analytics, data visualization and business intelligence software. It's an award winning application which enables anyone to easily create and share interactive data visualizations, dashboards and analytics, and is scalable to organizations of any size. Tableau has become synonymous with user friendly, flexibility, fast and interactive.
- Data discovery, analysis and collaboration throughout your organization
- Share data with others in a browser
- It is faster and easier
- Interactive dashboards on the web
- Combine all the data you need into a powerful dashboard
- Publish it on the web so you can filter, highlight and drill down right in a browser
- Embed it right in your team's workspace or send it out via email
Compatibility across Multiple Platforms
Tableau has revolutionized the business analytics industry by making insight immediately accessible to anyone – whether it's through a desktop tool, web browser, iPad or mobile phone.
Organizations store large quantities of customer, operational, and transactional data, with new information being collected every second. Traditional BI systems selectively analyzed data because of the inability to process large qualities of data. Big Data processes all available data, no matter what the size, to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations, and useful insights. The use of social networks and collaborative platforms is providing us with newer data that enables understanding customer preferences.
Big Data presents incredible opportunities and enormous challenges unlike conventional business intelligence solutions. While conventional BI applications answer the "What", Big Data Analytics answers the "Why". Data is now interwoven into industries, and is as essential as other essential factors.
Big Data has been around for over a decade now. However, it was not feasible to use Big Data for data processing because of the lack of proper tools. The available tools and the huge quantum of data have propelled Big Data into the forefront. The recent advancement in tools for managing Big Data has made the prospect of gaining insight both feasible and cost effective.
Some examples of tools available for Big Data are:
- Hadoop: An open-source platform for consolidating, combining, and transforming large data volumes
- MapReduce: A programming framework to support processing large data sets on distributed nodes to generate aggregated results
- Hive: data warehouse software that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage
- MATLAB: A numerical computing environment and a high-performance fourth-generation programming language for technical computing